The Accredited Employers Programme (AEP) allows businesses to manage injury claims and rehabilitation for their employees directly in exchange for lowered levies, therefore, going forward the performance of an AE will directly impact the levy amount and the level of our involvement.
We will help AEs to make improvements where necessary and build consistent relationships to support those efforts.
To monitor the performance of an AE effectively, we will need to collate additional data. In turn, we would like to provide AEs and Third Party Administrators (TPAs) with more timely, accurate and useful reporting.
The current performance measures we are proposing are:
- Quality and timeliness of claims management and duration of rehabilitation
- Workplace injury prevention initiatives will involve employee participation
- To evaluate the capability of an AE, we will look at measures put in place to manage injury and claims responsibilities
- Injury Statistics that will tell us whether employees are safe at work, and include information about the type of injury and severity
- The experience of the worker in terms of claims and injury management, and access to entitlements