You are able to access shapeyouracc.co.nz without disclosing any personal data. ACC will collect statistical information from your visit for the purpose of making improvements to this website.
Personal information will be kept secure
Information that is collected includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you use
- the pages you access on our website and the links you click on
- the date and time you visit the site
- the site that directed you to shapeyouracc.co.nz, if any
- your operating system (eg Windows, Mac)
- the type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
If you voluntarily provide personal information on this website (eg through email feedback or online forms), we will keep that personal information secure and will not disclose it to any third party. We will only use that information to communicate with you in the way indicated. If you did select to display your feedback on the site then we will display your feedback and your first name only.
We do not disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries or other organisations.
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
We’re looking forward to receiving lots of comments related to this year’s levy consultation.
We value the engagement we get from you – it really adds a whole new dimension to consultation and we appreciate the time you take to express your opinion.
You might not be able to see your submission straight away, it may be in a queue for checking, and this might take our small team a little longer in the evenings and weekends.
We’ll also be off-duty over the Christmas break and won’t be working on the site between 24 December – 5 January. Your submissions will still be captured, though they won’t appear live on the site. If you need to speak with someone during this time you can get in touch with our Business helpline on 0800 222 776 – they’ll be open every day except public holidays. Otherwise we’ll all be back on the deck from 5 January.
Our website uses a moderated commenting system. That is, we read the comments first – all of them – and check that they meet our Community Guidelines. We want to keep it a safe place for everyone to share their views so as long as they meet our guidelines, we’ll make sure we publish it.
The information provided on the Accident Compensation Corporation’s website is intended to provide information about our services and products. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information set out in this website is accurate. However, we advise visitors to this website that:
- the information provided doesn’t replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements
- the information provided on the ACC website shouldn’t be used as a substitute for business, tax, accounting, legal or any other professional advice
- ACC doesn’t accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this website
- all links and references to other websites or organisations not within ACC are provided for convenience only and are not, and should not be taken as, endorsement of those websites or any information contained in those websites
- ACC doesn’t endorse any website, organisation or person that has links to ACC’s website, or creates off-site links to ACC’s website
- ACC doesn’t accept any legal liability for any damage or loss that may result, either directly or indirectly, from any information contained on this website or any actions taken as a result of the content of this website
- ACC will not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss caused in any way as a result of the use of ACC’s online services
- any users of this website assume all risks associated with any transfer of data or information to ACC
- ACC has taken reasonable efforts to ensure the security of the information while in transit to ACC, but ACC doesn’t guarantee this, and ACC isn’t liable for any damage arising from interception, loss, theft, or any other action or difficulty
- any data or information which is transmitted to ACC through the use of ACC’s website becomes the property of ACC and may be relied upon by ACC in ACC’s dealings with you
- ACC doesn’t warrant, expressly or by implication, nor does it assume any legal liability or responsibility, that:
- the website or the server are free of computer viruses or any other harmful components, defects or errors
- any defects in the website will be corrected
- your access to the website will be reliable, uninterrupted or error-free (including access to any linked websites).
- ACC doesn’t warrant, expressly or by implication, that there will not be, nor does it assume any legal liability or responsibility for:
- any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, computer viruses or communication line failures
- any theft, destruction, damage or unauthorised access to your computer system or network.
Each page on ACC’s website must be read in conjunction with these disclaimers.
Except where stated, the content on this site is the copyright of the Accident Compensation Corporation. It may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge, with acknowledgement of ACC’s copyright, accurately reproducing the material and not using the material in a misleading or derogatory context. For permission to use the information on this website for any other purpose, please contact us.
This website may provide links to other sites. Permission to use copyrighted materials from other sites must be obtained from the copyright owner.
While the content on the ACC website is publicly accessible, all content (text, images) is the copyright of ACC.
Copyright queries should be directed in the first instance to the Webmaster.
Conditions of Use
ACC only licences users to download and print content (including images) subject to their adherence to the following Conditions of Use. By their use of the content (including images), users agree to follow these Conditions of Use:
- the content of the ACC website may not be used for any commercial purpose without permission from ACC. You may download and print text and images for your own personal and non-commercial use only. Educational institutions may make print-outs and photocopies for distribution to students
- the content (including images) may not be re-published in print or electronic form without permission from ACC.
Users are not permitted to download content (including images) in order to mount them on their own servers for public use, or for use by a set of subscribers. Downloads of text or images to a server for access by third parties is strictly prohibited. Individuals and institutions are encouraged to make a link to the ACC website subject to our Conditions of Use.
It’s not in our interest or that of our users to have uncontrolled subsets of our content available elsewhere on the internet. Our content is continually updated and regularly modified.